Monday, June 21, 2010

Oh hello....

Hi, its been awhile and I have great updates! First of all HAPPY SUMMER! Its the first official day of summer today and I have to say it finally really feels like summer, so needless to say I have made my home down at the pool!
On the educational side of my life I took and am certified Advanced First Aid and CPR and AED, it was the greatest class yet since going back to school. I had the greatest instructors that made going to class every day for two weeks straight so much fun! I will also have to say I learned more than I thought was possible in a two week span and now that its over I miss it already.

I already have a story where what I learned came in handy. One of our assignments was to build a first aid kit, so being a good student I or course did it and have stored it in my car. Shane's sister, her husband and their little girl (Hudson) are visiting for a couple weeks and we all were up in Heber, UT for fathers day to have dinner with Shane's dad and brother in law. To start off the night they headed to the park and Hudson was swinging on the swings and to make a long story short ended up face planting off the swing. But not to worry the second we pulled up, missed the incident by moments but came to the rescue with everything we needed to bandage, clean and care for poor Hudson's chin. YES, thank you for a great assignment and Hudson was great the whole time.

To go along with summer all the baby ducks at the park is incredible... there are SO many and they are so cute!
To leave you tonight with.... Happy First Day of Summer!
and Happy Fathers Day (yesterday) but I love this picture so it was a must!

1 comment:

The Collett Family said...

Those pictures get me so excited for summer. And congrats on being certified! Having a first aid kit in your car is so smart! I should do that. I'm home now so can I be your pool buddy this year?! :)