Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy National Iced Tea Day

I never even knew this existed! But hey why not... so I found a good receipt for a very easy Iced Tea. It really is the perfect summer drink!
Needed (for 1 leter of tea)
  • 800 ml (27.05 fl oz) of cool water, from a refrigerator or just tap water
  • 200 ml (7.76 fl oz) of hot, boiled water
  • 4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 4 green teabags, 3 clear green, and 1 mint tea
  • Liquid sugar (or regular, fine sugar) (to taste) -- (Or my new favorite Agave Nectar!)
  • 2 tablespoons fruit syrup or fruit juice (this is the secret ingredient, don't forget)
  • Ice cubes
Fill a pitcher with the 800ml/27.05 fl oz of cold water.
Fill a heatproof glass with the hot water, freshly boiled. Dip one or two of the teabags at the same time in the water until you have a glass with very strong tea.
Slowly pour the hot tea you made in the glass into the pitcher.
Repeat with the remaining teabags.
Sweeten. Once you have added all the tea, add the liquid sugar to taste.
Add 4 or 5 teaspoons of lemon juice into your tea.
Add the fruit syrup or fruit juice into the iced tea.
Add ice cubes and chill for about 1 minute. Enjoy your homemade iced tea!

1 comment:

Grant Family said...

I had no idea!! I hope I drank some tea that day! =)
Your recipe sounds good, but I don't have all the ingredients... I'll get them!