Monday, January 3, 2011

A quick look back at 2010!

January
- Started my first semester at the University of Utah.
- Had to relearn how to study all over again!
- Celebrated Shane's 29th Birthday.
February
- Tried all the new classes they start at the gym for the New Year, Hot Hula.. was hilarious.
- Had a fantastic Valentines Day.
March
- Vacationed in San Diego with family for Spring Break!
- Struggling through Biology but loving my nutrition and ESS classes.
April
- Competed in my first Triathlon with Shane and Tim.
- Started job #2 with Ann Taylor Loft.
May
- Had another successful Race for the Cure.
- Celebrated my 28th Birthday in Wendover, NV!

- Finished my first semester back to school with flying colors... whew.
- Started my summer semester, had the best class yet... Emergency First Aid.
June
- Threw an amazing Baby Shower for Tonya, a Pottery Barn coworker.
- Shane's sister, brother-in-law and niece came to visit from Texas.
- Spent a great weekend up in Midway, UT at a little cabin.
July
- Shane left for 3 weeks to travel to Cambodia for the National Guard.
- Christi had her new baby Keira!
- I went home to Jackson Hole for my 10 year High School Reunion and got to spend some quality time with one of my oldest and best friends Sara!
August
- Went to a fabulous wedding of two of my favorite Pottery Barn coworkers!
- Vacationed again in Jackson, this time with Shane, Toby and Hannah.
- Finished summer semester of school!
- Took an unexpected trip back to Camden, Maine for a funeral, hard but always good to see family.
- Started my hardest semester of school to date, oh Anatomy!
September
- September 10, 2010 became a proud owner of my own CONDO!
- Cheered Shane on at the Salt Lake City Half Marathon.
- Became totally overwhelmed with everything!
- Started packing up my apartment.
- My mom and sister came down to visit and help me move into my condo and shop for new furniture!
October
- Traveled to St. George to watch Shane and Tim run the St. George Marathon.
- Padgett, Me and the Chamber of Commerce went to China!! First off Beijing...
- Then Hougzhou...
- Then Suzhou...
- And finally Shanghai!!!
- Had the annual Simmons Meeting in SLC so once again got to hang out with lots of family!
- Made the final push and offically moved out of my apartment, October 31, 2010!
November
- Drove to Las Vegas for Virginia's Bachelorette Party!!
- Flew to Houston to be in Virginia and Cramer's Amazing Wedding!
- Celebrated Padgett's 25th Birthday!
- Got to go to San Diego for Thanksgiving with the whole family!
- All the while struggling to get through school, mostly Anatomy.
December
- I got to put up my first Christmas tree and decorate my brand new house!
- Made it through all my finals and passed all my classes!
- Hung out with Shane's family while they visited.
- Ice Skating!
- Went back to Jackson for Christmas!
- Back to Salt Lake for a successful New Years Eve party at my condo!

Such a crazy year! But lots of fun and can't wait for what is to come!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiekCEmshZzB9fJ1gc8HexNp6kAjPIrCT25iXjgkjO75hVrKOMfFebuI4jGZocY1dICUQ42ywA03U2cCRup9H3YtxBhqsYIVhKDc-B5xYmeIYFjYQ6Prc1YQ19obEH7Ev_kfDeNQxDAJVY/s1600/marthastewart2011.jpg
photo via marthastewart.com

4 comments:

Lillibet said...

Elizabeth, that is a wonderful look back and record of your year. Be sure and print it out and keep it forever! Love you! M & D

Linsey said...

Holy cow, Liz! You had a very busy year and looks like you did lots of fun traveling.

saraannabell said...

Great recap of your year so cool you blogged that. Sounds like you are having a great start to a new year as well. xx Sara

saraannabell said...

Just think in 10 more years we can open that letter from 10th grade english. exciting to look forward to.