Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goodbye MAY

Here we are at the end of my favorite month...
But the rest of it has been fantastic!
My birthday was great... spent a long weekend in NYC with the family and had such a great time.

We went biking along the Hudson River.
Birthday Girls! Yes we have the same birthday and its GREAT! May 14th!
And the highlight of the weekend was my birthday present that I received from my dearest sister Padgett! If you haven't seen the Sex and the City episode where Carrie goes trapezing, you should! And that is what we got to do! It took me a long time to understand the surprise but once I did it might be the greatest present yet! So Padgett, Bland, Abby, Ali and I all met on top of this building and for the next 2 and a half hours we got to fly!
All the "Fliers"!

Me doing "The Catch"
I have wanted to go to Serendipity for SO LONG and we finally made it happen... and the wait was totally worth it!
Frozen Hot Chocolate.... yes it really is worth going there just to get that!!

On another totally random side note, my neighborhood has been full of crazy wildlife this past week. On Saturday Shane went out for a run and ended up running with a moose. The moose ended up downtown and captured later on in the day. The little yearling made the news!
Then today the parking lot of my building became a home for a couple of hours to a GIANT swarm of bees. The beekeeper had to come rescue them and everything!

Everyone that actually saw them flying around said that this clump did not do justice to actually how many bees there actually were!Beekeeper taking them away!
The newest addition to my patio, Bougainvillea! Shane's birthday present to me... I LOVE IT!

My favorite show is BACK!!
Also for Memorial Day weekend, Padgett, Sam and Tucker (Sam's adorable dog) came to stay with me for the weekend. We at least had one good weather day and took full advantage, went for a fantastic "hike" down City Creek along the flood waters and spent some time in the hot tub and pool. Always fun to have house guests and I am glad I now have a room to offer! So that was a great way to end the last weekend of May.

And last but not least I have to retire my Wyoming license plates today... I cannot tell you how sad this makes me! So good bye, I will so miss being a county 22 plate!!

Now back to the grind of summer semester, the good news is I do have the most fantastic pool and the sun should now be shining bright!

3 comments:

Lillibet said...

That's a really nice recap of 'our' month. Good job!

Julie Watkins said...

What a celebration! I can't imagine a better trip with family, trapeze school, good restaurants. And the bougainvillea is gorgeous!

Padgett Hoke said...

love the recap - good times!